Lapidarium near Riga French Lycee
Year of commissioning
The new masonry fence of Riga French Lycee was built in 2018, using all the processed and unprocessed stones of the previous fence, which was built in the 1920s and was used in a utilitarian and chaotic manner. The new design of the fence is made as a lapidarium - an exhibition of cultural historical stone details of the historic centre of Riga. It contains fragments and objects, which were created since the medieval period up until the early 20th century and were found during the dismantling of the old fence.
- Idea: Roberts Vecums-Veco, Latvia | Bartlomiej Kubiak, Poland
- Concept and design project: LLC KONVENTS, arch. Pēteris Blūms, arch. Oto Ozols
- Engineers: JSC RERE Grupa - Pēteris Druķis, Vadims Goremikins, Artis Kurps
- Project management: JSC RERE Grupa - Roberts Vecums-Veco, LLC RERE Būve - Pjotrs Ovsjaņnikovs, Jana Ivanova
- Implementation: LLC BARTLOMIEJ KUBIAK KONSERWACJA ZABYTKOW, Poland | LLC CELTICS, Latvia